Of Course You Can! Complete Creative Course & Curriculum Design for Coaches
Complete Creative Course and Curriculum Design: An online course
Starts September 3rd
Registration has closed early, as the course is now full of amazing women. Thank you for your interest.
There is a growing wait list for the 2014 session. Please register for my newsloveletter to get on that list.
So you want to create a course, a retreat or a workshop. That’s excellent! Courses are very fun and effective ways to get your work out into the world and have a greater reach and impact. They hold so much potential. And here’s the thing, there are a lot of really great coaches offering really ineffective courses. My heart breaks for them. I know they want their work out to have impact… and they are really kind souls.
Expertise and coaching do not automatically translate into solid teaching, curriculum development or instruction.
Course creation is an art and it can be learned.
In fact, it will change the entire experience for you and for your participants.
Yes, a course on course creation!
“Of Course You Can!” is about taking your idea or current format to a full and effective course. There is emphasis and thought given to solid and effective curriculum, multiple intelligences, experiential and transformational education, translating coaching into a course, facilitation and instruction, assessment, community learning, creative learning, adult learning, and more. The idea is to make your course effective, offer deep learning that not only increases knowledge but offers a transformational experience to the learner.
This is not a cookie cutter or blueprint program.
You get my feedback, ideas, suggestions and support as you create your course with the material you learn in “Of Course You Can!”. Show up, do the work, have fun with me and you’ll have a complete custom course you will be proud of and ready to launch.
And that feels great!You’ll build your own course while you learn how to create a great course. As a coach my goal is to forward your action and deepen your learning. This is experiential education in action! (Walking my talk.)
- One: You learn how to create incredible courses. (Knowledge you can use again and again.)
- Two: You get the structure and support to apply the learning and create your own course as we go.
We don’t teach minds… we teach hearts. The bottom line is to make your course excellent.
So if you:
Have a solid idea for your course (or want to revamp an existing course)
Are ready to create an exceptional and effective learning experience
Thrive on intensive creation, willing to do the work and get support
Want to be part of a community that supports and champions your course
And want to have your complete, custom course (ready to run) by the end of the program…
Then join us!
“Of Course You Can!”
An online program, begins September 3rd
So what does this three-month intensive include? Well…
- New modules every other week, with LABS and calls on the alternating weeks, to integrate learning, do the work, get feedback and construct an excellent course. Show up, do the work, receive support and you will walk away with a course that is ready to go.
- Modules are full of lessons, activities and assignments to learn the best practices of course design, learning, pedagogy, and connecting and creating meaning for your participants. These are delivered through a private online platform and forum (Ruzuku).
- Weekly structure, steps and guidance in building your own course and designing excellent curriculum.
- 5 Group calls (times TBD by the group, but all are recorded) to deepen your learning, answer questions and hear from guest speakers. All recorded and can submit questions in advance.
- 6 Open Lab Sessions: Open office hours (via Skype) for private support and feedback on your work. Times TBD by group.
- A teaching assistant to provide additional support, perspective and ideas.
- A private forum, integrated into our course. This eliminates bouncing back and forth between a Facebook group and the content itself. Learn from and share with colleagues.
- Expert interviews with guest faculty who will offer applicable and practical insight and inspiration from their speciality. I can tell you we have famous and beloved folks joining us, such as an educational psychologist, specialists in curriculum design, experiential and transformative education, motivation, game theory, creativity, and the like. One of them has even been knighted for her contributions to transformative education. Seriously, we have a KNIGHT among us. These are going to be good!
- AND- we will take a work week. No new material, just a week work, create, integrate your learning and keep you meeting your course development goals.
- Optional: A guided peer-reviewed critique of your course. And potential testimonials!
Sound good? Want to know more? Right on!The format includes new modules every other week, with a variety of activities and lessons in support of the theme and goals of that week. Additionally, there are assignments, related to the lessons of that module, so you create your course as you go. The modules are in sequence to build on each other throughout the course. The platform I use, Ruzuku, also serves as a forum, so you can ask questions, share, and get feedback from your classmates (all committed to confidentiality) and me. The lessons include written material, some audio and video too, in addition to recordings of the five live group calls. There are also a few pdf and Excel downloads and links to supplemental resources, too. Each module also has interviews (mostly video recordings, a few audio-only) with experts who offer insight and share their expertise in applicable ways.
We have fabulous and world-class experts, including:
- Dr. Tove Dahl, Ph.D- Educational Psychologist and KNIGHTED for her contributions to education and teaching
- Dr. Karen Jorgensen, Ph.D- Professor of Curriculum and Instruction
- Christie Halmick, creator of the beloved PDF Workshop
- Sandi Amorim and Cigdem Kobu, World class coaches and course leaders
- Valerie Borey, Creativity Expert (and Pre-School teacher/Circus Director- literally)
The curriculum includes the following flow and themes. I offer both enriching pedagogical and coaching topics, perspectives, and application:
- Foundation, Clarity and Vision
- Learning, Structure and Strategy
- Research, Tools and Creativity
- Dynamics, Alliance and Reflection
- Work Week- No new material, extra labs to get support while implementing and creating your course
- Teaching, Culture and Environment (online, workshop, retreat, etc…)
- Presence, Perfection and The Plunge!
- And more! Much more!
Just want to go for it now?This needs to feel right. I want you to be ready, because we’re going to rock it out- and have great fun in the process. Check in with yourself and make sure you are ready for an amazing course of your own, to serve your clients, and that you are ready to do the work, as tuition is non-refundable.
Of Course You Can! $750
(Those who pay in full will also receive a spot in my “Turning the Magic of 1:1 Coaching, into a Magical Self-Study Course” online workshop (working title!), in late-October.)
Prefer payments? Sure thing!
$375 now and the rest ($375) in a month.
Would you like more one-on-one support and collaboration?
I have a solution for you (but just 8 of you as this gets LOTS of extra attention and support)…
“Of Course You Can… Hold My Hand!”
This includes the complete course as listed above and a whole lot more of me and my expertise. Namely:
- An initial consultation to create your personal vision, intentions and unique goals for the course. This helps me to champion your goals and direct specific resources and support to you. (Approximately a 30 minute consultation.)
- Monthly private sessions with me during the course. Can be about your course, content, teaching concerns… you name it. (Approximately 45-60 minutes, each.)
- A spot in my “Turning the Magic of 1:1 Coaching, into a Magical Self-Study Course” online workshop (working title!), Friday, December 6th.
- Complete review of your finished course and curriculum with written feedback and suggestions.
- 1 Private coaching session before you launch and teach your first course. I’ll help get you prepared, primed, and confident to deliver your incredible program. (Approximately 45-60 minutes)
$1500 (For everything)
This needs to feel right. I want you to be ready, because we’re going to rock it out- and have great fun in the process. Check in with yourself and make sure you are ready for an amazing course of your own, to serve your clients, and that you are ready to do the work, as tuition is non-refundable.
What is this experience I speak of?
Well I’ve taught at, designed programs, written curriculum, offered staff training in instruction, and overseen programs for over 23 years at such notable places as: The Chopra Center, Canyon Ranch Spas, Miraval, The Sanctuary- London, Ritz-Carlton Georges V- Paris, California Pacific Medical Center, The Omega Institute, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Tacoma Community College, The Concordia Language Villages, Six Senses- Maldives, Le Sport- Santa Lucia, The Peninsula Beverly Hills, The American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Miraval, and many more, including my own courses and the courses of other revered coaches. My work has been met with great praise and often… with awards!
And you might ask:
What type of courses or programs is the good for? Will it help mine?
OCYC has been used to create online courses for both groups and individuals (i.e. self study), live group courses and workshops and retreats. It is easily modified (meaning, I’ll help you with this) to create coaching curriculum and programs too.
Is this just for coaches?
It is for people who want to offer a great online course. We’ve had coaches of all sorts, lawyers, acupuncturists, foreign-language educators, activists, professors, Feng Shui experts, social media marketers, nutritionists, web designers, and more. Many more lovely folks who have crafted excellent courses.
Will I have a course ready to go at the end of this?
If you show up, do the work, and are open to feedback and suggestion, I believe you will have a course you will be very proud of and ready to rock.
Is this theory? What will I learn and how will that help?
Knowing why something works provides insight and increases understanding and application. You’ll get just enough theory in OCYC to understand and appreciate but our focus is on practical and relevant application to your course. And if something lights your fire, you’ll have resources and references to learn even more.
Is this an in-person or live course? How is it delivered?
This is an online program. A new module is available each week. It is delivered through a private online platform, where you can access material, download (if you’d like), share your ideas, and upload assignments for me to review. There are also three group calls (times tbd by the group) and private LABS to get one on one time with me. The LABS are done via Skype.
I can’t make the group calls or labs, will I miss out?
All calls are recorded and shared so you can access them at your convenience, or listen again and again. LABS are like office hours, where you can drop in or schedule a time with me.
I’m concerned about others hearing my ideas for my course…
I get it. You have an idea you’re excited about and don’t want someone else to run with it. While I do highly encourage the sharing of ideas, I appreciate the concern for confidentiality, as does everyone else in the course. I do a lot of modelling of how you can do things (and use them in your course) and creating a safe space for sharing and mutually agreed upon confidentiality is one of those things. What I have done has been incredibly effective and I hope it can be replicated by course participants for their own use. And… the respectful sharing of ideas has led to partnerships, guest speaks for people’s courses, affirmation and invoked great ideas and feedback. This is such a rich piece that it is important to set the stage so that can happen, in deep confidence. This is an incredible community.
When will you run OCYC again?
I’m still constructing my 2014 (2014? Wow!) course calendar, so don’t yet have dates. I reckon it will be in Spring 2014.
The live version of OCYC is taking a long break. The self-study program and private consultations will be available in November.
Can you just design my course for me?
Oh! I love doing that. Openings are available for October/November for full custom course design. This is a bespoke, intensive creative, private-label process. My past clients have been deliriously happy with the results. Due to the unique nature of each project, I interview you and put together a timeline and proposal from my team. Fee is dependent on scope of project, etc… but begins at $3000.
Have questions? Drop me a note: randi at randibuckley dot com